Monday, August 26, 2013

I'm A Mommy.

(Before I get started, I would like to point out that I got the idea for this post from Ledoux Sands. I'm so in love with her blog, she writes such interesting things and her little girl is ADORABLE!)


We all know I'm a mommy. I have been since the day I found out I was pregnant but "mom mode" never fully kicked in until Rylee decided to make her grand appearance. So many things in my life has change, some in ways I expected and others not so much. However, they are all for the better.

I know I'm a mom because...

-I would much rather spend time at home with my daughter than anywhere else. It used to be that if I was home on a weekend, I was sick. I was ALWAYS out with friends or TJ. I hated sitting at home all day. My life was all shopping, bonfires and goofing off with my friends. Not anymore.

-I don't drink to get drunk. I don't even like the idea of getting drunk anymore. It used to be that the only time I drank, was to get drunk with my friends. Now, I like drinking a bit here and there, a beer or two or a glass of wine but its not like it used to be.

-Poop doesn't gross me out. Neither does vomit, spit-up, urine, drool or anything else that can come out of the human body. In fact, her pooping is a positive thing that I get happy about. Being a mom has made me focus so much on what comes out of her, how often and what it looks like. Other moms will understand. I'm immune to being grossed out.

-Routine is a big part of my life. Rylee has a set routine to her day and her night. If things don't go along with routine, it throws her off and she winds up staying awake until 2am. No thank you! Not if shes going to be waking up at 6am every day. I cant handle that kind of sleeplessness.

-I'm awake by 7am every. single. day. Rylee is usually an early riser. At one point she slept in until 9 and I thought she was dead. I never used to be awake before 11. I LOVE my sleep. I used to sleep about 10 hours a night, now I'm lucky if I get 6.

-Waking up several times at night is no longer cause for alarm. If I woke up more than once in a night, something was wrong. I was either sick or someone was about to get murdered for keeping me awake. (Seriously, I LOVE my sleep) Now, Rylee wakes up once or twice a night and its totally normal. I'm now starting to naturally wake up around the time she does, she eats and we go back to sleep.

-I dont shop for me anymore. Almost everything I buy is for Rylee. Seriously, the only things I've gotten myself in the last three months is a Redbull here and there. When we have the cash, I'm always buying her outfits and bows and toys. I have a problem.

-Redbull is a must. Seriously, I'm so exhausted 90% of the time. If I don't have caffeine in my system, I'm a wreck all day long. 

-Nothing makes me happier than a fresh can of formula or a new package of diapers. That stuff is like gold in this house. I hate running low so when I'm stocked up, I'm super happy.

-Hot meals don't exist or if they do, its quickly chomped down to the sounds of a baby crying. (Can you say, dinner and a show?) I don't know the last time I got to sit down and actually ENJOY a hot meal.

-I'm always doing laundry. I'm convinced that clean clothes are a myth. Between me, Tj, and Rylee the hampers get full in a day. Especially now that shes teething. (Drool everywhere!) On the other side of that, dirty clothes no longer bother me. I used to have to look clean and fresh every time I go out. Now its like, spit up? who cares? I don't have enough clothes to change into 5 times a day!

Rylee has made my life amazing! Shes only been here three months and I couldn't picture a time without her. She's my entire world and I wouldn't change this life for anything!




2 comments:

  1. I totally agree! One of my favorites is You Know Youre A Mom When... your feet become "monkey feet" more than you want to admit! totally true! :)

    ReplyDelete